Sunday, August 29, 2010

Illusione -- Nosotros - Robusto

Collaboration between Drew and Dion left "nosotros" poorer.

OCCASION: August Hail in Desert PRICE: $9.90
BRAND: Illusione - Nosotros
GAUGE: 50LENGTH: 5"
SHAPE NAME: Robusto
FILLER: Nicaraguan
BINDER: NicaraguanWRAPPER: Nicaraguan Corojo
APPEARANCE:
Medium to dark brown with petite veins. A light and silky sheen with no bunches, folds, bumps, spots or any other imperfections. A complete masterpiece by the torcedor.
CONSTRUCTION:
Firm from head to foot. Absolutely no soft spongy spots. Round head with no perceivable imperfections on the cap construction.
DRAW:  
START: Great1/2: Great3/4: Great
BURN:  
START: Even1/2: Even3/4: Even
TASTING NOTES:
Great cedar and earth aroma before lighting. As soon as I lit up, there was a powerful spice that hit my tongue and eventually subsided rather early. I'm not sure if this was because my senses had been annihilated or because the tobacco backed down from its initial bum rush. A woodsy flavor continued throughout the cigar and nutty, roasted flavors would spring up occasionally. 
OTHER NOTES:
I grabbed this at Anthony's Cigar Emporium. They have a packed humidor and nice place to relax and enjoy your cigar. The store was fairly popular with what looked to be regulars indicating great customer service and stellar stick selections.
EVALUATION:
A great cigar in construction and appearance. As someone once said, "If it doesn't work, at least make it look good," this cigar looked great but I have tasted much better with lesser priced cigars.  In this economy you want to purchase a cigar you will enjoy immensely and one that really makes an impression on you. Unfortunately the impression I experienced was the morning after, no actually the day after, when my mouth continued to taste like tar and my wallet was a bit thinner.

At nearly $10 for this cigar I was half expecting to be smoking gold dust. This definitely would not qualify as a quality budget cigar and should be reserved for special occasions. This collaboration between Drew Estates and Illusione cigars was not as I had hoped. My friends have raved about the Illusione cigars and I have personally enjoyed the Illusione 88 hoping the Nosotros was going to join my "Favorite Cigars" lineup. Alas, I will keep this one on the sidelines and continue my search.


No comments:

Post a Comment